You’ll see that I have a recurring theme for this month but it is after all my BIG 3-0 birthday this year so, I just had to put my thick face on and dedicate a few blog posts about it.
For this birthday makeup look, I wanted to make it colourful yet light and airy: a matured kinda fun make up look. This is a festive look for a day out in the sun but not overly done. A perfect brand for a fun, colourful makeup would be Mary Quant. So, you’ll see that I use mostly Mary Quant products but please free to substitute with similar shade if you’re planning to try this look.
I was introduced to Mary Quant during a cookie baking workshop last month.
Read the previous post HERE.
Mary Quant is well-known as a British fashion icon in the 60s when she introduced the iconic mini skirt in the 60s. Then, Mary Quant came to Japan and developed makeup range to make women around the world looks beautiful from head to toe. Adorned with her signature black daisy logo. the brand is a hit across Asia and the world.
1) Achieve flawless makeup base with applying face primer and foundation. I use Benefit’s Stay Flawless primer for long wear and MUFE HD foundation in 125 for that picture-perfect look. Covers blemishes and hyper-pigmentation with Nars Creamy Concealer in Ginger. (These two have been my favourite foundation+concealer combo for last month. Read HERE)
2) Apply Mary Quant eyeshadow in shade soft pink on to the 2/3rd inner upper eyelid, then using pencil brush pat a little in the inner corner near the tear duct.
3) Pat Mary Quant eyeshadow in purple colour to the outer V and 1/3rd of the outer corner of the lower lid. Blend softly to achieve soft, airy look.
4) Using Zoeva purple gel eyeliner, lightly line the upper eyelid close to the lash line. Extend at the end making a small wings.
5) Next, curl your lashes and apply Mary Quant Action Lashing mascara in 06- Purple. I love how soft and flirty my lashes look with this mascara. It is not too overpowering.
6) Sweep pink blush lightly on both cheeks. On mine, I use Clinique Berry Pop.
7) Define your facial features with a little contouring. This little trick will make you look flawless in photographs. On special occasion, you would want to take lots of photos. I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and The Balm Mary Lou highlighter to sculpt my face.
8) Last but not least, I use Mary Quant Moisture Rich Lipstick in V-03, a nudish pink lip colour with satin finish to complete the look. The pigmentation is light but it is remarkably a hydrating lipstick and naturally enhancing your lip colour.
9) Swipe the centre of my lips with my favourite NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait and my birthday look is done.
I like how soft and airy yet playful tinted with colours make up look that suitable for a day out. (I’m going shopping- Birthday haul coming up!)
Visit Mary Quant FB page.
Mary Quant products are available at MUSE by Watsons in Sunway Pyramid.
What do you think of my birthday look?
Do join my #PzaqmarBdayGiveaway and you can win a basketful of goodies.